Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christian Wright's Best of the Best 2010

Hmm. What games do I think made 2010? Let's take a look!

Best RPG: Dragon Quest IX

OMG WTF!!! MASS EFFECT 2!!!! FALLOUT: NEW VEGAS!!!!!! Uhhh. No. Mass Effect 2 is a third-person shooter with RPG elements. Fallout is a first-person shooter with RPG elements. End of story.

Best Shooter: Halo: Reach
Best Platforming Game: Super Mario Galaxy 2
Best Racing Game: Modnation Racers
Customization and community go hand in hand.

Best Sports Game: NBA2K11

They brought back Jordan, tweaked the gameplay, and had an awesome soundtrack. Visual Concepts delivers true sports games and cares about it's fans. Baseball is going to need some more work though. 

Best Puzzle Game: Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
Best Action Game: Bayonetta
Alot of people have forgotten about the beautiful Bayonetta which was one of the first games to kick in 2010. The story might've been crap, but that gameplay was golden.

Best Action Adventure Game: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Best Fighting Game: Super Street Fighter IV
Best PC Game: Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty
I'm not going to lie. I'm not much of a PC gamer but I did a lot of PC gaming before the year ended. As of now I'm trying to shake my World of Warcraft addiction. I've played tons of MMOs and betas for upcoming PC games. I like strategy games but I've never been too big on real-time strategy. I recently downloaded the demo to Starcraft II and enjoyed it enough to purchase the full game. I need to go back and play the first so I can understand the story just a little more. 

Best Wii Game: Super Mario Galaxy 2
Best PS3 Game: God of War 3

Best Xbox 360 Game: Mass Effect 2


Best PSP Game: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Best Nintendo DS Game: Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver
Best Handheld Game: Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver
Best Music Game: Rock Band 3
We got a piano! I feel this might be the last Rock Band, but Harmonix excels in innovation. We also have Dance Central which I enjoy.

Best Downloadable Game: Super Meat Boy
As much as I wanted to say Scott Pilgrim, that game had many flaws with some crashing the game completely. I've had to turn my 360 and PS3 off many times....

Best Character: Kratos
This guy had a mission in 2010. And guess what. Mission accomplished.

Game of the Year: Red Dead Redemption

And that's how the West was won.

No comments:

Post a Comment